Dog Friendly Ireland Day 2021
June 25th is Dog Friendly Ireland Day! Ordinarily, we would have encouraged businesses across Ireland to open up their doors and become dog friendly.
We want to make Ireland the best place in the world for dogs and we believe you should be able to take public transport with your pup, enjoy a pint with your pooch or a mocha with your mutt!
However, for obvious reasons, this year’s Dog Friendly Ireland Day will be different. But that doesn’t mean that the dogs of Ireland will be missing out on their favourite day! We'll still be celebrating and this year the campaign will be digital!
For the past 15 months, many of us have been working from home and at our feet, through it all, has been our faithful four-legged friends. They are our constant companions and have sat in on every meeting, virtually met our co-workers and give us a reason to get out for a walk at lunch time. Your canine has become your colleague and we want to celebrate them on a job well done! Last year, they got the 'Employee of the Month' Award, and now we think it's time our Canine Colleagues get the 'paw'motion they so deserve and are given their very own job title!
How to ensure you and your top dog have a top day:
- Give your dog a job title! Maybe they're an 'Office Mutterials Associate', 'Chief Canine Officer', Head of Puplick Relations', or a 'Pawject Manager'? You can download our Dog Friendly Ireland Day Name Plate HERE.
- Share a pic on social media of your pooch ”working from home”. Remember to use the hashtag #DogFriendlyIrelandDay and include their new job title!
- Share stories of how your Canine Colleague has helped to support you through lockdown
- Bake your pal a well-earned Dog Friendly treat for your tea break, find the recipe HERE
- Treat your dog to an enrichment puzzle that will keep him occupied while you get on with work. Click HERE for egg carton and cardboard box games! Or why not watch one of our video's made by Dog School, that show you how to make a Muffin Tin into a game, or try the Yoga Mat game!
Host a “Yappy Hour Pup Quiz” for your work colleagues!
You can support Dog Friendly Ireland Day at work by arranging a fun virtual event with your work colleagues! We have created a fun interactive “Yappy Hour Pup Quiz” to test your work colleague’s general knowledge, including lots of dog friendly questions too. We will even supply a special “Top Dog” prize for the winner!
If your company or team would like to support Dogs Trust by hosting a Dog Friendly Ireland Day quiz, please contact [email protected] for all the details.
However you and you dog choose to celebrate this year’s Dog Friendly Ireland Day – we want to know about it, so don’t forget to use the hashtag #DogFriendlyIrelandDay. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter!
Dogs Trust is a charity that relies on the generous support of dog lovers like to you to fund our life-saving work so, we would be delighted if you could donate your usual commute to work or daily coffee cost, it could help make all the difference to a dog in need!