How rehoming works
Thank you for your interest in rehoming.
Please note this is not a reservation on this dog you do need to visit the rehoming centre.
The average time between visiting our Dublin Rehoming Centre and taking your new dog home is just eight days. Every circumstance is different but this brief guide lets you know what you will experience when you decide to adopt and rehome a dog from us.
- Visit our Dublin Rehoming Centre to discuss your chosen dog.
- During this first visit we will take a few details from you so we know what you are looking for. You will be able to visit the dogs and we’ll advise you on how to find the right dog for your circumstance and whether your circumstances will work for the dog too.
- We would like you to get to know your chosen dog before you take him home so, if you have any other dogs or family members, you will need to bring them along for a further visit to ensure the whole family is happy with the decision to adopt.
- The fee for adopting a dog is €160. Every dog is vet checked, vaccinated, microchipped, neutered and has six weeks pet insurance from Allianz, and a starter bag of food as well as a very cool Dogs Trust lead and collar - so we think it’s a good deal!
- The last step before you can take your dog home is a Pre-Adoption Talk. This ensures you are aware of the responsibilities of dog ownership and reminds you that we are always here when you need us!
Visit our Dublin Rehoming Centre located on the Ashbourne Road, Finglas, Dublin 11 and you can check out some of our wonderful dogs available for adoption.