How rehoming works
Thank you for your interest in Roy, who is based at Dublin. Please note this is not a reservation on this dog. To start the rehoming process you will need to go to a rehoming centre for a quick chat. Please find information below about what to expect during the rehoming process. We hope to see you soon.
- The average time between visiting a Rehoming Centre and taking your new pet home is just eight days. Every circumstance is different but this brief guide lets you know what you will experience when you decide to rehome a dog from us.
- The rehoming centre is your gateway to finding your new pet pooch. When you arrive at the centre you will be greeted in reception by a friendly face.
- During this first visit we will take a few details from you so we know what you are looking for. You will be able to visit the dogs and we'll advise you on how to find the right dog for your circumstance and that your circumstances will work for the dog too.
- We would like you to get to know your chosen dog before you take him home so, if you have any other dogs or family members, you may need to bring them along for a further visit to ensure the whole family is happy with the decision.
- The fee for rehoming a dog is €160, but every dog is vet checked, microchipped, and neutered as well as a very cool Dogs Trust lead and collar - so we think it's a good deal!
- On rehoming your new dog from Dogs Trust you will receive six weeks' free insurance from our partner Allianz Pet Insurance, this covers your dog for any unexpected illnesses and injuries during that time. For further details and to continue with your insurance plan after that period, visit the Allianz website.
- So now you are ready to take your new pal home, just one more step which is a pre-adoption talk. This ensures you are aware of the responsibilities of dog ownership and reminds you that we are always here when you need us!
- Get in touch with our centre in Finglas, Dublin to arrange a visit.