We occasionally have career vacancies at our Dublin Head Office and our Rehoming Centre.
Our centre employs a number of staff to deal with a variety of duties ranging from day-to-day management to ensuring the well-being of the dogs in our care. We are looking for people who have an empathy with the aims and objectives of the Charity. Most jobs at the Rehoming Centre are advertised in local press or here on our website. Please check these sources for vacancies.
Job Title: Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Campaigns
Location: Dogs Trust Dublin - Ashbourne Road, Finglas, Dublin.
Revised: June 2013
Job Details: Dogs Trust Ltd - Marketing Officer - Job Description
Based in our Head Office, Finglas, Dublin 11, you will be responsible for providing officer level support to the Head of Marketing and Campaigns. This is an existing role supporting the ongoing development of Dogs Trust in Ireland.
Summary: To assist the Head of Marketing and Campaigns in all areas of the marketing department including Fundraising, Campaigns, PR and Communications, event management and digital marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- To assist the Head of Marketing and Campaigns to maximise Dogs Trust fundraising potential from individuals, to raise income through targeted marketing campaigns and recruit new supporters.
- To assist co-ordinating various planned campaigns to help raise the profile and awareness of Dogs Trust.
- To manage and drive all aspects of our PR and Communications.
- To issue Press Releases and build relationships with key media contacts. Assist in writing internal and external communications.
- Other areas of responsibility include event management, digital marketing, copy writing, proof reading, report gathering and analysis and liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
- The role does involve occasional weekend work, including shows and exhibitions and occasional late evenings.
- There will be an opportunity to travel within Ireland and the UK.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage and guide junior members of the team.
The successful candidate ideally will possess the following:
- Marketing Qualification (MII Degree or similar) – or relative workplace experience
- At least 2 years experience in a marketing role
- Experience working in a fast paced multi tasking environment
- Experience writing design briefs, co-ordinating printing and mail house fulfilment
- Team player, enthusiastic and flexible when necessary
- Sympathetic to the aims and work of Dogs Trust
Necessary: Full drivers license and own car.
Closing date for CV’s is Tuesday 28th June 2013. Please send your CV's to; Dogs Trust, Ashbourne Road, Finglas, Dublin 11 or you can drop them into our centre.
Should you be interested in any future vacancies, please consider volunteering as this is a great way to gain experience and insight into the organisation.
Dogs Trust also employs 3rd party fundraising agencies to help with our fundraising activity. Would like to join the fundraising team?